The variety of things to do on New Year’s Eve in Austin is amazing – whether you’re looking for a fun family activity or you’d prefer to stay out until the wee hours of the morning – there’s something for everyone.
Fun Family Friendly New Year’s Eve Events
- Ice Skating at Omni Barton Creek: Just because the holiday season is over, doesn’t mean the activities have to be. Head over to Omni Barton Creek Resort and Spa for their fun ice skating rink for New Year’s Eve day.
- New Year’s Eve Smoke Out Saturday: If food is your goal on New Year’s, then the New Year’s Eve Smoke Out Saturday is right for you at Banger’s Sausage House & Beer Garden. Chef Ted will be smoking up prime rib and dinner will be available at 6pm ($35 per plate.) Stay awhile for the live music from 7 pm to 1 am with a free champagne (of beers) toast at midnight.
- Ice skating at Whole Foods Downtown Austin: Before the evening festivities, take the family over to Whole Foods for some holiday ice skating – it’s only $10 for skates and the rink operates from 10 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Austin New Year 2017 at Vic Mathias Shores: Join in on the musical wonderland at Auditorium Shores that will hold art, special performances and Austin’s food favorites. Enjoy the eclectic sounds of Ray Wyllie Hubbard, The Peterson Brothers, Harvest Thieves, Roxy Roca and many more. The Community New Year’s Eve event, hosted by the City of Austin, kicks of a 3 p.m.
- Learn to Dance at EsquinaTango: EsquinaTango offers weekly classes on Salsa, Argentine Tango, Samba,Rumba and more. Come learn, socialize & make friends on New Year’s – EsquinaTango, 209 Pedernales St, Austin
- Russian New Year: Join Russian House of Austin for a Russian New Year Celebration. Dance all night with Father Frost and Snegurochka. http://russianhouseofaustin.com
Cheers to 2017!
Photo from Austin360.com