The options for things to do on and around Valentine’s Day in Austin and Bee Cave are plentiful. With so much going on, relieve the stress of the “big night” by planning romantic outings throughout the month. Take a lazy afternoon bike ride on the bountiful trails in Spanish Oaks, or a morning hike to the Pecan Grove for sunrise. Spread out on the grass down by the water at the Fish Camp – with your picnic basket filled with champagne, chocolates and roses – and listen to the songbirds sing. Beyond the gates of Spanish Oaks there are so many ways to celebrate the holiday – we put together a list of options to get you in the mood for the love-centric season:
- Hudson’s on the Bend
Indulge in a lobster shooter kissed with sherry, crème fraiche and caviar and that’s only the beginning for the romantic dinner setting at this cozy esteemed local’s favorite. They have a very special Valentine’s Day menu to get you in the mood.
- Steiner Ranch Steakhouse
This renown steakhouse is offering the option of treating your date to roses and even a succulent strawberry truffle dessert.
- The Oasis
For those looking to celebrate the holiday a day early to avoid the V-Day crowd, here you can find two days of their special “Sweetheart Dinners,” February 13-14.
StoryWalk – 2017
- Daily starting Wednesday, February 1st through Tuesday, February 14th
- On the trail behind Lakeway City Hall
- Parking available at Lakeway Activity Center parking lot – lower level, 105 Cross Creek
Starting February 3, The great drive-in theater in Austin is running a selection of romantic movies throughout February:
- February 3 at 6:30 pm: Westside Story
- February 4 at 6:30 pm: Raising Arizona & Wild at Heart
- February 5 at 5:45 pm: Love & Basketball & The Notebook
- February 7 at 6:30 pm: Raising Arizona & Valley Girl
- February 8 at 6:30 pm: Dirty Dancing & Ghost
- February 9 at 6:30 pm: Casablanca & The Notebook
Big Band Bash – 2017
- Lakeway Activity Center – 105 Cross Creek
- Doors open at 7:30 p.m.
- If you want to surprise your loved one after a lovely dinner celebration on Valentine’s Day, consider bringing your dancing shoes and even your own champagne and snacks to hear big band music from the 17-piece The Republic of Texas Big Band, featuring David Cummings and Lisa Clark on vocals. This event is free and open to all ages – a perfect after-meal activity for you and your loved one!
- Scheduled dates for 2017 – all dates are on the second Monday of the month: Feb. 13, March 13, April 10, May 8, June 12, July 10, Aug. 14, Sept. 11, Oct. 9, Nov. 13, Dec. 11.
Celebrate love, romance and Valentine’s Day all month long! Don’t forget the flowers and candy!